- Maintain confidentiality: Only people who should see this content can see it.
- Maintain content integrity: Those who should not edit this content won't be able to do so.
- Simplify searching: If users only have permissions to see into a few folders, their searches won't be cluttered with hundreds (or thousands!) of files irrelevant to them.
- Presentation Management is structured storytelling. Permissions on folders create the structure to help people tell your story.
- Once you have saved your group, you are automatically taken to the group settings
- Check off the roles you would like for this group overall (not in reference to a folder yet).
Select the user tab, search for users, and click "Add" to add specific people to the group.
Click the down-arrow on the right side of the folder name. Select "Permissions." In the first box, type the name of the group who should have permissions to this folder.
- View Only:
- Users can ONLY VIEW & PRESENT from this folder. NO copying, downloading, or editing, or using this material in new presentations.
- Read means users can VIEW, PRESENT, and USE material in this folder in new presentations, but cannot EDIT slides in this folder.
- Write means users can VIEW, PRESENT, USE, and EDIT material in this folder.
- Full Control means users can take ANY ACTION on material in the folder, as well as updating permissions on the folder itself.
- View Only:
For Read or Write, select whether this group can SHARE presentations or not.
- Full Control always allows sharing
- View Only never allows sharing
Sharing a presentation gives the user the ability to send it to anyone internal or external in a read-only, slide-show-viewer format.
You can also grant permissions to an individual